This Thketch explores Democratizing Biblical Studies by Elisabeth Schussler Fiorenza. It focuses on the four paradigms which she uses to frame her argument. She critiques the first three paradigms as propogated a Kyriarchal power structure which exerts malestream domination over wo/men. She proposes a fourth paradigm which fosters an emancipatory, democratic pedagogy that will foster transformative change. I finish the Thketch by critiquing my own interpretation of Ephesians 4 from several years ago and ask for a response as to whether I am using a malestream, kyriarchal lens unwittingly in my interpretation.
- Pages 15 and 16 of A Cartoonist’s Guide to Matthew are Now Online
- Why Are We Doing a Community Mural?
- Finding Our Way to Forgiveness | A Sermon on Matthew 18:21-35
- Traveling to Jerusalem | Page 14 of A Cartoonist’s Guide to Matthew is Online
- Post Mountain Top Syndrome | A Sermon for Transfiguration Sunday from Matthew 17:1-8