I am very excited to announce the course I will teach this Spring at Grace. It is designed for the beginner who wants to learn about God, but is intimidated by words like theology or Theologian. This course will help us realize that everyone is a theologian because everyone has ideas and opinions about what is right and wrong, what is important, and how things should work in the world (in school, work, relationships, politics, etc.)
The problem is that we haven’t necessarily been taught how to think clearly about our belief system and how to discuss them with others with whom we might disagree.
This six-week course will equip you with a helpful framework for how to explore your own belief system and how to be gracious with others in discussing theirs.
- Everyone is a Theologian: That Means YOU!
- How Can We Know God: The Word of God, the Bible, and You.
- Why is Life So Hard? God, Sin, and Humanity
- Is There any Hope? Jesus, Salvation, and the Kingdom of God
- What’s the Point? The Holy Spirit, the Church, and the World
- Continuing the Conversation for the Sake of the World.
There are three ways that you can take this course:
- Wednesday Evenings
- March 30 – May 4
- 6:30-8:00 (there is a pizza dinner offered at 5:45 for your convenience)
- Room 105/107
- Sunday Evenings
- April 3 – May 8
- Dinner 5:00 – 6:00
- Class 6:00 – 7:30
- Fellowship Hall
- visit Grace Learning Center
- You will be able to watch a video, get access to more resources, and engage in online discussion
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.