Register for the Site (you must do this before you can sign up for a course)
- Go to stevethomason.net
- At the bottom left corner of the page you will see a Log In If you have never registered for this site before, then follow the next steps. If you are a returning user, skip to step #8.
- Click on “Register” and it will take you to a page titled “Create An Account” (see fig. 1)
- Fill in the following fields. They are all required for this to work:
- Username: This can be anything you want it to be. For example: stevet
- Email Address: enter the email address that you use regularly. You will be sent a verification email before you account will be activated, so make sure you have access to it at the time you register.
- Choose a Password: think of a password that you can remember.
- Confirm Password: re-enter the same password to make sure you got it right.
- Name: This is your actual name, which is different than your user name.
- Once all the fields are filled in, click on “Complete Sign Up” in the bottom right corner.
- You will be taken to a page titled “Check Your Email to Activate Your Account.”
- Go to your email inbox and you will see an email from Steve Thomason. Click on the link in the email and it will take you back to the website and say, “Account Activated.” Yay! You did it! You are now a registered user on stevethomason.net and you will not have to go through that process again. You have access to all the courses and downloads. Welcome!
How to Sign Up for the Course After you are Registered on the Site.
- Log in at the bottom left corner of the home page.
- Look at the black stripe along the top of the web page and you’ll find a menu of courses. Click on the course you want to take. You will be taken to the course home page.
- Click on “Start Taking This Course.” (see fig. 2)
- When you see a little gray box that says “In Progress” you’ll know you have successfully signed up for the course. (see fig. 3)
- Scroll down the page to see the list of lessons. There are 7 Lessons total.
- Click on Lesson 1 and you will be taken to the Lesson 1 page.
- There are three parts to taking a lesson:
- Watch the video. They are around an hour long.
- Read the content on the page. I will provide links to other resources that are mentioned in the lecture.
- Click “Complete Lesson” when you are done working with the material. (see fig. 4)
- You can always come back and visit the page anytime you want.
If you have any questions, you can always click on the “Contact Course Teacher” button on the course home page or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the screenshots to show you what you’ll see:
Figure 1: Create an Account
Figure 2: Start Taking the Course
Figure 3: Course in Progress
Figure 4: Complete Lesson Button