This week I am preparing for our upcoming Own Your Faith retreat for our high school freshmen. A key topic we will discuss is our identity in Christ. Identity and a sense of self-worth is, for all of us, an important topic, but is especially crucial for high school students as they navigate the transition from childhood to adulthood.
I was reminded of the work of Neil Anderson around the topic of identity. His ministry is based around knowing who we are in Christ. This graphic is a really nice piece.
here is the text version.
I am accepted…
- John 1:12 | I am God’s child.
- John 15:15 | As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:1 | I have been justified.
- 1 Corinthians 6:17 | I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 | I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 | I am a member of Christ’s body.
- Ephesians 1:3-8 | I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
- Colossians 1:13-14 | I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
- Colossians 2:9-10 | I am complete in Christ.
- Hebrews 4:14-16 | I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.
I am secure…
- Romans 8:1-2 | I am free from condemnation.
- Romans 8:28 | I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
- Romans 8:31-39 | I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 | I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
- Colossians 3:1-4 | I am hidden with Christ in God.
- Philippians 1:6 | I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
- Philippians 3:20 | I am a citizen of heaven.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 | I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
- 1 John 5:18 | I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.
I am significant…
- John 15:5 | I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
- John 15:16 | I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 | I am God’s temple.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 | I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
- Ephesians 2:6 | I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
- Ephesians 2:10 | I am God’s workmanship.
- Ephesians 3:12 | I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- Philippians 4:13 | I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.