Here are my notes from class on February 27, 2013. Dr. Kiefert spent a good amount of time talking about how North American church leaders are “mesmerized by numbers” and are operating within the wrong narrative to interpret them. Rather than analyzing demographics for a “101st Airborne Invasion” of the “Gospel,” we should take on the posture of the disciples Jesus sent out in Luke 10:1-12. We should take nothing, seek peace, and receive what is set before us. Only in a posture of listening can we discern what God is already up to in that place and then join God in it.
- Pages 15 and 16 of A Cartoonist’s Guide to Matthew are Now Online
- Why Are We Doing a Community Mural?
- Finding Our Way to Forgiveness | A Sermon on Matthew 18:21-35
- Traveling to Jerusalem | Page 14 of A Cartoonist’s Guide to Matthew is Online
- Post Mountain Top Syndrome | A Sermon for Transfiguration Sunday from Matthew 17:1-8